The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives monumentally by making home and online learning the new mainstream. Any of us had a hard transition, but young children who had to step into the realm of online learning were more challenged. They have stopped going to school for more than a year now which is severely impacting their education. Now it is all the more critical that the parents of young children should take care of the thoughts of their children and inspire them for the modern world.
When the new school year starts, a lot of children and their families adapt to a simulated learning environment. Chances are children will battle while learning because of lack of motivation from the kindergarten to high school students. There is no family who isn’t feeling anxiety and insecurity around this academic year. Yet children are incredibly resilient — and they want to learn new stuff. All you have to do is watch them soar when you can tap into their motivation. It might take a few trials and errors to figure out what is best for your child. Remember that the objective is to help them achieve their own objectives and dreams.
Here are few tips for helping children of any age keep their interactive education safe, engaged and inspired.
- Keep a continuous tab on your child. A student always needs a mentor and when in school, the teacher does that. But now since the child is always at home, the parents need to watch their children and how they are progressing. Parents should talk to them to know about their issues or problems. Talk about their homework and projects and make a schedule to get them done.
- The school class routine is repeated by the online classes, but most regular school activities aren’t the same. Try to make the recess break and break from topics as close to the regular day of school as possible for your kids.
- Encourage your child or student to share their views. Create an interactive environment so that the child shares his interests, dislikes or issues. If children like they don’t care for their opinion, or if they are stuck, they will probably not be part of the learning process. Good students know their opinions and are confident that they should be committed about their education without being judged, hindered or overlooked.
- Use benefits to inspire students to do what they are unable to do otherwise. Make incentives for little actions sometimes and then extend the interval between rewards steadily, as students feel the natural effects of their conduct. If a child struggles to read a novel, convert it into a read aloud. If maths are too dull, use side-walking crab to make problems on a whiteboard or outside. A landscape change will do wonderful things for the confidence of a child.
- Try to consider the desire of your child and, if you can, be versatile. If it’s not too distracting to do classes on the balcony or some part of the building, encourage them to do it. During these evaluation moments, the infant can have a feeling of power. Try to be more intelligent to encourage your child to feel positive instead of being upset when things don’t work out.
- Children may feel isolated because of the absence of their friends. Parent ought to speak to their children regularly to make them know their emotions understood. You must increase your child’s trust and allow them to understand their ability. Children are more likely to work hard because they have confidence in themselves.
- Make them see their progress. Some children react well to visual information. Use a time schedule or other visual guide to see how much they have accomplished and how much more needs to be done.
- Game-based learning can be tried since it not only allows for further learning and the growth of non-cognitive abilities, but it also encourages children to continue to learn. A child’s mind enjoys the pleasure of mastering a new system while they are fully engaging in a game.
These are some of the ways by which parents can keep children motivated for online learning. One of the best educational blogs is Educational Know How. You can have access to top educational resources and articles to know more about how to assist your children in their studies. Get the latest educational updates, online educational news, and trends of the education dynamics to develop yourself to the best.
Related Blog: Online Education: 5 Advantages of Learning Online