We have always cribbed about and blamed the education system for not letting the children develop to their fullest. And hence, as a solution to the problem educators from around the world have emphasized how Montessori education could solve almost every education-related problem. Montessori education offers the children opportunities to develop as they step out in the world as an engaged and responsible citizen. Montessori training is the best option for understanding the psychology of children and ways of teaching them. The Montessori teaching method has become very popular everywhere. Montessori teacher training is high in demand.
Here are 15 benefits of Montessori education:
- Makes children Independent – Montessori makes children independent by letting them work by themselves. It allows the children to choose their interest area and help them in accomplishing their goals in the interest are.
- Avoids Comparison – No child is the same! Each child has his own interests. He may be better at something but not good at another. Montessori system strictly avoids the comparison between the children as their caliber is beyond any comparison.
- Helps Kids To Recognise His Own Interest – The basic idea behind the Montessori format is learning via observing especially when a child is just at a pre-stage. Teachers should be able to observe and recognize a child’s interest at an early age and he should be set free to follow what he is made to do.
- Learn To Take Up challenges – Montessori learning is based on dividing the students into multi-age groups according to their abilities and ages in three to six years spans. Children are challenged according to their abilities and never bored.
- Kids Mistakes Are Not Criticised – Montessori Method of teaching doesn’t involve criticizing students for their mistakes while they take out time and with extensive observation design special projects for each student according to their capability.
- Scolding Free Teaching – There is no scolding in Montessori education while teachers make the students learn through their mistakes.
- Learn Greater Values – Earlier, moral science was just a mere subject while in Montessori education moral values are inculcated.
- Real-Time Learning Session – Education is no more cramming of the lessons. Classes have converted into real-time.
- Requirement Based Learning – Montessori education has introduced requirement based education i.e. for the age group 0-6 there are no academic requirements while for 6+ age students the requirement depends on the interest of the students.
- Freedom To Work On Their Own – In Montessori education, children have the freedom to work the way they want. There is no limit to how long a child should work with a piece of material. At any one time in a day, all subjects will be studied at all levels.
- Learn To Respect – Children learn to respect each other and build a community as they work in groups during the activities.
- Inculcates Self-Disciple – Children naturally learn self-discipline. As in the activities of their interest, there are certain rules they have to follow.
- Hands-On Learning Experience – The curriculum of Montessori is highly focused on hands-on learning.
- Freedom To Choose Their Favourite Subject – Children are allowed to learn their favorite subjects at their own pace for a better understanding of the subject.
- Drive Kids Towards Growth – Teachers in Montessori learning become the guide to children and help them to grow. Montessori teachers shape up the little minds.
Montessori teacher training encourages people to become Montessori teachers and provide the best skills required for a Montessori teacher.