UPSC conducts the examination of Combined Defence Services (CDS) twice a year. However, students preparing for this examination often face a common query, i.e., How do they prepare for the CDS exam?
In this article, you will come across some tips that will help you in preparing for the Combined Defence Exam properly and easily. The candidates who want to appear for the exam are suggested to first go through the CDS exam pattern and then move to the detailed paper and syllabus analysis.
After knowing the latest exam pattern and syllabus, you are ready to prepare a solid plan for yourself. You need to get familiar with the CDS Exam Syllabus, the type of questions asked in the paper, the marking scheme, the weightage given to topics, and so on.
CDA Preparation Tips: Time Management
All the candidates must know how to manage their time effectively so that the paper can be completed within the allotted time. Here are some tips for time management:
- Candidates appearing for CDS are instructed to start almost 3 to 6 months before the exam.
- Follow a regular study routine so that the syllabus can be completed on time.
- Make a timetable and devote at least 6-8 hours daily to the preparations.
- In between, you can also take some short breaks.
- You must also take time to manage the weekly revisions.
- Stay updated with all the current affairs as this will boost your confidence.
CDS Preparation Tips: Solving Sample Papers of Previous Years
The candidates must solve previous years questions papers.
- In this way, you will get an idea about the type of questions, exam pattern, and weightage given to topics.
- Gives you the feeling of real paper.
- Assist you in managing the time.
- By setting up the timers in your watch, you need to take mock tests.
Key Points To Remember
Being a candidate, you need to work hard both physically and mentally in order to successfully prepare for the CDS exam. Here are ways to increase your likelihoods of getting selected:
- Get yourself printed copies of the syllabus, exam pattern, and question papers of the previous year.
- Your basic concepts should be clear at the beginning right from your preparation days.
- By analyzing the question paper of the previous year, candidates must concentrate on the necessary topics which carry maximum marks in the exam.
- You need to watch the news, read newspapers, news blogs, etc. regularly to stay in touch with the recent happenings in all the sectors of the world.
- Develop a reading habit. When you read different types of media such as magazines, notes, newspapers, blogs, etc., it aids in improving your vocabulary and your understanding of practical English.
Summary: Therefore, if you want to qualify CDA Exam then join CDS Classes In Mumbai today at the Centre For Defence Careers which is a well-known CDS institute.
Resource Box: Centre For Defence Careers is a well-known CDS Coaching In Mumbai. AT CDC, unique coaching techniques are been incorporated so that the minds of candidates can be trained and they can pass the examination with flying colors. Centre for Defence Careers offers different courses under the guidance of experts.