The National Defense AcademyThe candidates should work on developing and grooming their personalities. The tests aim at assessing the officer-like qualities and start appearing for psychological tests from the beginning.
CDS gives training to cadets before joining the three respective national services for further training and enrolment. The age criteria for the NDA exams are between 16 years to 19 years. A candidate is eligible to apply for NDA application only if they have cleared class 10th and either appeared for class 12th or passed class 12th. It includes factors like physical and medical fitness, nationality, age, and educational qualification.
About NDA Exams and Subject related information
Mathematics and General Ability Test are the core subject areas in which a candidate has to excel, these are the two criteria by which the entire syllabus is divided. Topics like general knowledge, geography, general science, physics and chemistry, and current affairs are covered in the examination syllabus. However, the percentage of class 12th does not count for selection in NDA exams. The minimum qualification is an intermediate pass.
Basics of NDA Exams
NDA Exam Pattern are not very difficult to crack, they depend on how much preparation a candidate has done. It is recommended that a candidate should start the preparation well in advance or after class 10thboard exams. The sooner the preparation is started the greater the chances to crack the NDA entrance without special coaching.
NDA exams are conducted twice a year by UPSC. The NDA exams consist of a written test, intelligence, and personality test. It is also called the SSB interview. The candidates who clear both the exams are further selected. Students from across the country participate in the exams so the difficulty level increases because of the vast competition.
Every student needs guidance for a successful outcome in exams so that they can climb a step towards their dream destination. It is important for a student to know the pattern of exams so that they prepare themselves in the right direction. The entrance selection for NDA exams is divided in three steps;
- Written exam
- SSB interview
Tips and Tricks to prepare
- The aspirants should have a fixed goal to start their Best NDA Coaching in Mumbai well in advance to avoid unwanted pressure.
- Preparation should be started after class 10th boards to get an advantage.
- Candidates should go through the entire syllabus to rule out the way to cover all the subjects and give equal time to prepare for all the dimensions of entrance exams.
- Referring to books of class VI to XII will give enough basic knowledge and this will also make the base strong to hit the solution easily.
- Reading newspapers will give dual benefits to the candidates. Their English will improve and the general knowledge section will become strong. Candidates will also learn new words and their usage, this will improve English grammar.
- Referring to last year’s question papers will help to understand the pattern of the NDA exams and mock question papers should be practiced.
- The candidates should recognize the weak subjects and start working on those subjects to strengthen the subject.
Tips for SSB interview
The candidates are called for an interview after they clear the written test. SSB interview is the second stage of the NDA exam; it consists of the Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
Resource box– Centre for Defence Careers in the defense service training institute of the Indian Armed Forces. Here the cadets of three national services get their training;
- The Indian Army
- The Indian Air Force
- The Indian Navy